Greed And Charity 2 of 2
Disoriented from being out of the loop for 3 years, the Shadowrunners take some time to catch up on recent Sixth World history.
Intro Music: Cyberpunk Underworld by Futant
Fandible.Com is now on Patreon! If you enjoy our weekly blog posts and actual play podcasts, please consider supporting us.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:54:53 — 53.1MB)
3 comments on “Shadowrun: Prime Ep 7 part 2 of 2”
It was cool seeing everyone’s contacts with those phone calls, the range of reactions to the team not being dead was pretty great.
Can’t wait for the next episode, only 67 more weeks to go!
A few things you guys should know/consider before your next gunfight:
1) Guns come in single shot (SS), semi-auto (SA), burst-fire (BF), and full-auto (FA). Single shot can only fire as a simple action, the rest can be fired as a simple or complex. The complex action of the previous fire type is the simple of the one above it. So a simple action shot of a semi-auto is 1 bullet. The complex of semi auto is 3 bullets. The simple of the next step up (BF) is 3 bullets. The complex of BF is 6 bullets, the same as a simple FA. A complex FA is 10 bullets.
2) The penalty to defense is number of bullets fired -1. Thus a 6 round burst (complex or simple depending on the firing mode) has a -5 penalty.
3) Recoil exists and is part of the reason why full auto may not be the best choice for you! How much recoil you can resist is equal to 1 + STR/3 (round up) + recoil compensation from guns and other gear/cyber. So a gunslinger with 4 STR has 3 shots he can fire before penalties. If he is using a gun with 2 recoil compensation he is now up to 5. That means on the sixth bullet he begins to take a -1 to his roll for each bullet after, until he takes an action other than shooting.
4) While there are no explicit rules for collateral damage, it is something you should consider. Walls in the 2070’s still don’t stop most bullets, so letting rip on full auto in a hotel could end up with an unintended fatality.
5) Conserve ammo is the first part of the shadowrunners creed. You are only carrying a certain number of rounds, and hearing the click of an empty chamber while you are still in the process of getting geeked can be an awful thing.
There is a lot more a could say, but I know you guys prefer to play fast and loose. Remember to shoot straight and never make a deal with a dragon!
Love listening to these games! Keep coming back to it, 72 weeks is long time.