You’ve been asking, and since Fandible is nothing without our fans, we’ve listened! Fandible is now on Patreon, the platform that “enables fans to support and engage with the artists and creators they love.”
From our new Patreon profile…
TheÂ Fandible.Com Roleplaying PodcastÂ is a group of five dedicated and incredibly nerdy gamers based in New York City. Weâ€™ve combined our love of crafting one-of-a-kind stories with podcasting to produce a weekly actual play podcast since 2010.
What is Fandible?
Fandible.Com has grown since itâ€™s initial inception in 2010, but at itâ€™s core our mission has always been the same: have a hell of a lot of fun, record it, and hope some people out there on the Internet find us entertaining. Nearly 4 years into this experiment, weâ€™re having just as much fun as ever, and find new like-minded gamers and listeners every month.
We play as many Saturdays a month as we can get together, playing games in a variety of genres. From big names like Warhammer 40k and New World of Darkness, to playtesting the latest indie story games, we look first and foremost for games that will allow us to put the stories of our wild adventurers first. Our game sessions are then edited into 1-2 episodes, and posted every Friday like clockwork.
In addition to the core podcast, we also write articles about gaming and short stories continuing the adventures of our characters or fleshing out the collective worlds we play in. We also have the semi-regular â€˜Geeky Topics Round Tableâ€™ podcast, which involves a lot of drinking and laughter as we debate the latest geeky news or wax nostalgic about our favorite geeky pastimes.
Find out more about Fandibleâ€™s members through our social media sites:
William Coffing -Â Google +,Â Twitter
Angela Craft -Â Google +,Â Twitter
David Donnelly -Â Google +,Â Twitter
Daniel Rodriguez -Â Google +,Â Twitter
Jesus Rodriguez -Â Google +,Â Twitter
ALL of Fandibleâ€™s offerings will continue to be free for the public to consume on our website. This Patreon campaign is just to help defray a few costs and help us continue to grow.
Why Patreon and why now?
Weâ€™ve been thinking about doing some fundraising for Fandible for some time now, and Patreon is the right tool at the right time for us. With a recent gift getting us much better sound equipment, we want to make sure the rest of the site is matching up to our fabulous new sound. Your contributions will help pay for concrete things like webhosting and quality of life upgrades like (potentially!) no more Google Adsense ads.
We also feel that while the internet is an amazing place (itâ€™s where our podcast lives, after all!), the gaming community is far more than just the internet. If this Patreon reaches a high enough milestone, weâ€™ll be able to start offsetting travel costs to gaming conventions around the northeast, and even around the United States. Individual members of Fandible have traveled to Origins and Pax East, and we made our debut as a group at Metatopia in 2013. We had such fun attending that con as a group, we hope to make it the first of many conventions we attend and participate in – as gamers, GMs, and panelists.
Why sponsor us?
There are tons of excellent actual play podcasts out on the internet, but we believe that Fandible.Com brings a few special things to the community
- Commitment to diversity: Our players reflect the reality of the gaming community today, a diverse group of men and women interested in having fun and telling stories. We strive to tell complex stories that have respectful and positive portrayals of people from all walks of life.
- Reliability: Fandible.Com has been going strong for nearlyÂ fourÂ years with no slow down in our posting schedule. We arenâ€™t a fairweather group that will fall apart and leave you hanging as soon as the going gets rough. We are committed to each other and the stories we tell on Fandible and now weâ€™re committed to you, our patrons!
- Diverse selection of games: While we started out by relying heavily on Warhammer 40k, weâ€™ve branched out to play games in almost every genre of tabletop games conceivable, from urban fantasy to horror to historical. Weâ€™ve even dabbled in some traditional high fantasy games as well. We love exploring new play styles, playing games that use special dice, tarot cards, or a Jenga tower to test skills, in addition to the usual polyhedral dice gamers everywhere are familiar with.
What does Fandible produce on a monthly basis?
Fandible.ComÂ already posts an episode of our actual play podcast every Friday evening, and that wonâ€™t be changing! Youâ€™ll continue to hear the high quality gaming that our fans have grown to love. In addition, weâ€™re committing to a regular schedule of blog posts and supplemental podcasts to thank the Patreon community for their support. Because of you, Fandible.Com will include the following every month:
- 4-5 new actual play podcasts, one posted every Friday
- A minimum of 4 blog posts per month, related to gaming or geek culture, posted once a week
- A minimum of 1 Geeky Topics Round Table podcast per month
I want to underscore that the launch of the Patreon changes nothing about what Fandible is at heart. All of the content you’ve been enjoying for nearly four years will remain exactly the same, and you won’t be required to donate a single penny. However, if you’d like to throw some change our way, you’ll help support what we already do, and we’ll give you a few perks ranging from a ‘Thank you’ on site to the opportunity to place your own banner ad on the page (and if enough of you donate we’ll get rid of the Google ads entirely!).
We’ll continue to flesh out our Patreon page, including a video within the next month, but there have been a lot of questions about how to support us recently and we wanted to respond quickly. This has been in the works for a few months now, and it’s been killing us to keep it secret from you!
Thank you so much for all of your comments and suggestions over the last several years. It’s an honor to be welcomed onto your computers and MP3 players every week, and if you choose to support our Patreon campaign, we’ll be that much more able to continue to provide you with the podcasts you love.
Fandible.Com is now on Patreon! If you enjoy our weekly blog posts and actual play podcasts, please consider supporting us.